LaunchBox Community Forums

Copy game to local drive on launching

SagaXIV

I know this belong more to the 3rd app request, but would there be such a thing that copy the game I decide to launch to a local folder along with needed files? I could imagine this be easy enough for single roms, or zipped roms, but for say arcade games how could one do that? I am really interested at storgin my roms on a cloud, and requesting them 'on-demand'.

If you are adept at writing Windows batch files, you could create one that you call from Launchbox instead of the emulator directly. From within the batch file, parse the command line to know which rom you need, then use copy or xcopy to copy the file from the locally reference cloud location to some local directory. After the copy is done, call the emulator from the batch file and point it to the newly copied file(s).