LaunchBox Community Forums

Logs or Other Option to Troubleshoot?

Agrajag

I'm having an issue with getting Intellivision carts to work (software list versions) with MAME and LB doesn't flinch at all when I click a title. I'd like to see what's going on behind the scenes. Is there a method to see what's happening to help troubleshoot this and similar issues?

Thanks!

There is not, Launchbox has no way of knowing or logging when an emulator fails to load a game for any reason. Launchbox only runs a "shortcut" telling what emulator to load what rom in the way that you tell it to even though it simplifies that process a great deal.

3 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

There is not, Launchbox has no way of knowing or logging when an emulator fails to load a game for any reason. Launchbox only runs a "shortcut" telling what emulator to load what rom in the way that you tell it to even though it simplifies that process a great deal.

Thanks. Bummer...

I'm trying to figure out why I can run a game from the command line for MAME just fine, but the same options seem to fail (I'm sure it's something I did) when "matching" those settings in LB. 

1 minute ago, Agrajag said:

Thanks. Bummer...

I'm trying to figure out why I can run a game from the command line for MAME just fine, but the same options seem to fail (I'm sure it's something I did) when "matching" those settings in LB. 

Did you also add the platform as a associated platform for MAME?