LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME refuses to work

mase123987

Hey everyone!

This is my first time using LaunchBox. While my experience hasn't been perfect, I have managed to get most things running properly. MAME though has been my unicorn!

So, I downloaded MAME 0.209 and a 0.209 rom pack. The roms are sitting on a network drive while MAME is on the PC (Windows 10). I used the proper cmd line to create the mame.ini file to properly tell MAME where the roms are located. I've also imported all of the roms into Launchbox. When testing a game through a cmd prompt (ie typing mame64.exe ddragon), the game runs fine. When I click on the same game in Launchbox, it minimizes for a split second and then pops back up. As far as I can tell, nothing is actually opening when I press play inside of Launchbox. 

I've attached my current emulator settings for MAME in Launchbox and Arcade is associated with MAME. While those are my current settings, I have tried every combo under the sun.

Here is the system it is running on:

ASUS Z77 motherboard

16 GB of DDR3

120 GB SSD

HD 7970 GHZ Edition

I've also tried 4 other versions of MAME and a different rom pack with the same level of success. Anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

I just noticed something very odd. When I go into BigBox mode and select Rolling Thunder for MAME, it has the option to "Open Retroarch". When I first imported the roms, I did select Retroarch as the emulator but, as you can see in the previous posts, I changed the emulator to MAME. Is there some setting that may not have changed?

Capture2.png

If you imported them to use RA you have to use the bulk edit tool to change them to Mame.

To change your emulator for all your games in a platform you need to select your platform, then select all the games in the platform by pressing Control + A on the keyboard. Now with all the games selected press Control + E, this will start the bulk edit wizard. In the first dropdown menu select what you want to change which in this case is the emulator, then a 2nd dropdown menu will appear, select the emulator you want to change to. Now finish out the wizard and your games will be using the new emulator.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

If you imported them to use RA you have to use the bulk edit tool to change them to Mame.

To change your emulator for all your games in a platform you need to select your platform, then select all the games in the platform by pressing Control + A on the keyboard. Now with all the games selected press Control + E, this will start the bulk edit wizard. In the first dropdown menu select what you want to change which in this case is the emulator, then a 2nd dropdown menu will appear, select the emulator you want to change to. Now finish out the wizard and your games will be using the new emulator.

Thanks! That seems to have fixed the problem.

• Like 1