LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox keeps freezing and closing on me

MJF

4 minutes ago, LordEvyl said:

Update. I started to run it as an administrator, and it works now. Weird I'm using Windows 10 BTW

Thats a strange issue for sure and i dont have a solution for it as i havent seen that before, only thing i can suggest is making sure all your drivers are up to date including .NET.

As for running as admin that is not advised as it can and probably will effect emulators launching, as Launchbox has elevated privileges, any emulator that is installed will also need them.

Most likely this is an issue somehow related to game controllers. I would first try unplugging any game controllers or similar, to see if the issue goes away. You may have to disable scrolling with the triggers in the settings while the controllers are unplugged.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Most likely this is an issue somehow related to game controllers. I would first try unplugging any game controllers or similar, to see if the issue goes away. You may have to disable scrolling with the triggers in the settings while the controllers are unplugged.

Problem solved, thanks. It WAS an OLDER Logitech dual action controller that I had connected that was causing the problem. I just disabled scrolling and it works perfectly now.

• Like 2