LaunchBox Community Forums

FBA loading in full screen

rzyamaki

Hi, I am unable to launch FBA games in Full Screen. Before the rom gets launched I get this error message: "Problem setting '480x16x0bpp (0Hz)' display mode" is there a command line or something to bypass this error so that the emulator can run it smoothly. I want to run it in BIG BOX as I have made an Arcade machine and don't wanna use any kind of keyboard or mouse. I would really appreciate if someone can help me, thank you ☺️!

Unfortunately I can't give you an exact fix for your issue but I do know if you play with the video settings there is a way to fix it.

It's been several years since I have used the stand alone version of FBA and this was an issue I encountered and was fixed in the UIs video settings. If you use Retroarch for anything at all we recommend using the FBA core, it is much easier to deal with.

Unfortunately the roms that I have can only play in the hacked version of FBA and it does not launches the RetroArch. I have searched a lot and in the end this was the solution to my situation as I couldn't find anywhere the bosses hacks for NeoGeo fighting games like Real Bout Special with Geese and other Hacks. But this is the only option for me. Inst there a solution to put it in full screen with the command line? Cause I think I might have a way to bypass that error message.

Again, all I can tell you is that there is a video options setting that will work but I cannot remember what it is because it has been several years since I touched the stand alone FBA. I do remember having the exact same issue and it was resolved with a setting, no command line.

Just did a search in the forums, and there was a thread with a similar error reported like this a while back, that Lordmonkus also posted/helped that poster back then. The original poster in that thread also mentioned something he also had to do to fix it.  See if that info is of any use to you in today's version of FBA (I expect it is though)

I also recently dabbled with the stand alone version of Final Burn Alpha, to see if there were any benefits to using it. and what they mentioned in the other thread does sound familiar with how I got it running in fulll screen for me as well. FYI, after playing with the stand-alone emulator, I can also say that the Retroarch core is much easier to setup and use and I quickly ditched the stand-alone version of FBA :)

Edited by CDBlue