LaunchBox Community Forums

Continuous play of platform video

Temon

Hi!

I got a question I got a little stuck on. I recently put some playlists to my Nintendo Entertainment System platform. I have autogenerated a playlist for genres, one for favorites, one for all games and one I added from the forum called Top 100 games. Now my problem is when I go bigbox, I can go to the NES platform and my platform video will play. I can then enter the NES platform to get my playlist and the video will still continue to play which is what I want. However, when I navigate to the Top 100 playlist, the platform video for nintendo restarts breaking up the continuous play of the platform video. See video for what I mean. The playlists generated from launchbox itself works, but when I play my downloaded playlist the video restarts. I've attached xml from playlist top 100 and one from genres if that is of any help. Do anybody know how I can get the platform to continuously play even when I select my own added playlists? Any help is appreciated :)

Nintendo Entertainment System Action.xml Nintendo Entertainment System Top 100.xml

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, Temon said:

Hi!

I got a question I got a little stuck on. I recently put some playlists to my Nintendo Entertainment System platform. I have autogenerated a playlist for genres, one for favorites, one for all games and one I added from the forum called Top 100 games. Now my problem is when I go bigbox, I can go to the NES platform and my platform video will play. I can then enter the NES platform to get my playlist and the video will still continue to play which is what I want. However, when I navigate to the Top 100 playlist, the platform video for nintendo restarts breaking up the continuous play of the platform video. See video for what I mean. The playlists generated from launchbox itself works, but when I play my downloaded playlist the video restarts. I've attached xml from playlist top 100 and one from genres if that is of any help. Do anybody know how I can get the platform to continuously play even when I select my own added playlists? Any help is appreciated :)

Nintendo Entertainment System Action.xml 914 B · 0 downloads Nintendo Entertainment System Top 100.xml 34.5 kB · 0 downloads

I am having the exact same issue, it's driving me nuts. Did you ever figure out a solution? Thanks. -Cory

Temon, it looks like the xml for the Top 100 has its own Video Path, where the auto generated list does not.  Have you tried removing that line from the Top 100 xml and reloading BB to see what (if anything) changes?  Also, please tell me how you were able to get your playlists embedded within the platform in BB!  It is probably a simple task, but I have had a devil of a time trying to do the same type of configuration on my rig and have been unable to find any instructions/tutorial on it.  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, garrett521 said:

Temon, it looks like the xml for the Top 100 has its own Video Path, where the auto generated list does not.  Have you tried removing that line from the Top 100 xml and reloading BB to see what (if anything) changes?  Also, please tell me how you were able to get your playlists embedded within the platform in BB!  It is probably a simple task, but I have had a devil of a time trying to do the same type of configuration on my rig and have been unable to find any instructions/tutorial on it.  Thanks!

In Launchbox right click a playlist and choose edit. Go to the parents tab and check the box for the platform or platform category you want it to show under. If you check multiple boxes it will show in multiple places. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

In Launchbox right click a playlist and choose edit. Go to the parents tab and check the box for the platform or platform category you want it to show under. If you check multiple boxes it will show in multiple places. 

Thanks.  I've seen success by placing the playlists under the "Platform Category" area, but not within the Platforms themselves.  In other words...

I see the playlists when I select the show Platform Categories in Big Box:  Platform Category (Consoles)->Platform (Nintendo Entertainment System)->Playlist (Baseball Collection)->Games (Baseball Games)

However, I have been unable to see the playlists when I select the show Platforms in Big Box:  Platform (Nintendo Entertainment System)->Games (all games)

What would be better still, is there a way to create a Platform called "Collections" where I can place all of the playlists?  Or is the only option to make a Platform Category called Collections and place them there?  Just trying to keep the amount of levels I have to go through to get to an individual game down to a minimum.

Thanks again.

40 minutes ago, garrett521 said:

Thanks.  I've seen success by placing the playlists under the "Platform Category" area, but not within the Platforms themselves.  In other words...

I see the playlists when I select the show Platform Categories in Big Box:  Platform Category (Consoles)->Platform (Nintendo Entertainment System)->Playlist (Baseball Collection)->Games (Baseball Games)

However, I have been unable to see the playlists when I select the show Platforms in Big Box:  Platform (Nintendo Entertainment System)->Games (all games)

What would be better still, is there a way to create a Platform called "Collections" where I can place all of the playlists?  Or is the only option to make a Platform Category called Collections and place them there?  Just trying to keep the amount of levels I have to go through to get to an individual game down to a minimum.

Thanks again.

You can create a Category and place them in it. That is what I did, created a Category called Playlists and set all playlists to show under there. You cannot make a Platform called "Collections" and place them in it. As platforms will only show up if you import a game into it. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.11.35 PM.png

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

You can create a Category and place them in it. That is what I did, created a Category called Playlists and set all playlists to show under there. You cannot make a Platform called "Collections" and place them in it. As platforms will only show up if you import a game into it. 

Understood.  Thank you.