LaunchBox Community Forums

performance of launch box after first shutdown

BigReeRee

ok first of i would like to say, love the games provided thank you for the hours/days spent reliving my childhood. keep up the great work.    

but i have a couple questions as to why after my first shutdown an restart, games are not running as smoothly as they were prior to. I haven't changed the setting or anything like that but i would like to get this fix so i can get back to enjoying the game play.   some symptoms are, sound has lag an skips along with picture, but if i fast forward game play. yes it speeds things up so there un-playable but it fixs the problem with the sound also picture. please give me advice as to how this can be fixed it seems to be using more cpu on my pc then it was before. but the platform is the only thing that seems to have this issue.an it hasnt affected other actions everything else is still runs smooth no lag even jumping between them.     

56 minutes ago, BigReeRee said:

ok first of i would like to say, love the games provided thank you for the hours/days spent reliving my childhood. keep up the great work.    

but i have a couple questions as to why after my first shutdown an restart, games are not running as smoothly as they were prior to. I haven't changed the setting or anything like that but i would like to get this fix so i can get back to enjoying the game play.   some symptoms are, sound has lag an skips along with picture, but if i fast forward game play. yes it speeds things up so there un-playable but it fixs the problem with the sound also picture. please give me advice as to how this can be fixed it seems to be using more cpu on my pc then it was before. but the platform is the only thing that seems to have this issue.an it hasnt affected other actions everything else is still runs smooth no lag even jumping between them.     

Not really sure what you are on about here to be honest, we dont supply any games with Launchbox, are you sure you have the correct forums?

• Like 1

Need a little more clarity from you. 

It sounds like it might be a combination of things. Depending on your computer's power, it sounds like something else you have running might be hogging resources. Maybe an antivirus program or something running in the background?

You may have set the settings in the emulator too high for your rig, or maybe a combination of this and the above.

What you're describing is a framerate drop, meaning your computer isn't able to output audio and video fast enough. It's common, but this has nothing to do with launchbox. 

So I'm assuming you have launchbox set up to launch an emulator for you.

What emulator?

What system are you trying to play?

What are the settings you're trying to play it on?

@neil9000 Agreed. But to me this sounds like someone who downloaded some kind of pre-built version of launchbox. :)

1 minute ago, fromlostdays said:

@neil9000 Agreed. But to me this sounds like someone who downloaded some kind of pre-built version of launchbox. :)

Yes, for which we do not provide support for on the official Launchbox forums. We have no idea how it is setup or with what software, so do not provide support for them.

What system are you having trouble with? What core are you using? And what options do you have on?

If you didn't turn off "save on exit" you may have been fiddling around with some settings and accidentally saved them. We can help you insofar as, to say, probably turn off all the shaders and potentially drop the resolution down depending on the core. Also, under Quick Options / Latency, try turning everything to zero/off.

The reason I mention the Save on Exit option in Retroarch is because you said this happened after you shut everything down and restarted. Go into retroarch, turn that option off, and get used to manually saving any changes.  

Edited by fromlostdays

1 minute ago, fromlostdays said:

What system are you having trouble with? What core are you using? And what options do you have on?

If you didn't turn off "save on exit" you may have been fiddling around with some settings and accidentally saved them. We can help you insofar as, to say, probably turn off all the shaders and potentially drop the resolution down depending on the core. Also, under Quick Options / Latency, try turning everything to zero/off. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it is using rocketlauncher, which will overide any settings changed, and the bezels also.