LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Controller Mappings

mattstapiece

Is there a way to have different buttons mappings for different controllers in the BB interface? For example, I set the "select" and "back" functions to button 2 and button 3 on my snes pad, but I would prefer to have them mapped differently on an X1 controller. Can I have multiple mappings saved at the same time?

I had "close currently running app" mapped to [Start] + [Select] on my X360 controller, but then found out that on my Wii controllers that combination is both triggers together and Mario Kart Wii exited as I was sliding around a corner and tried to use my power-up, lol.

Having the ability to set automation options on a per-controller-type basis would fix that. Also, if using a Nintendo controller, (A) is back, and (B) is select on the menus. Would be good if those could be swapped if using a nintendo controller.

Edited by SethAluma

damn, that really is the perfect example of why we need controller specific mappings for lb/bb.  I have SNES, Gamecube, Xbox360, and Playstation controllers all hooked up.  i have to press all the buttons to figure out which one happens to be start or exit between all the different controllers.  A pain for sure.

• 2 weeks later...