LaunchBox Community Forums

Customize Platforms with additions and subtractions

krofftsuperstar

My plan for my Big Box arcade is to create three main sections (platforms) as umbrella categories: Arcade, Living Room, Office.

Arcade would feature only video and laserdisc games found in the arcades. Under arcade, I would have nests for years, decades, and categories (trackball, Williams Classics, light gun, Daphne, Naomi, et al). 

Living room would be consoles and handheld only, so I would have nests for those (sub) platforms: Atari 2600, NES, Bally Astrocade, et al. 

Office would be for computers only, so I would have nests for those (sub) platforms: Apple II, TRS 80, Atari 8-Bit, et al. 

The point to this is to make my Big Box build less crowded with options; after launch there would be three main rabbit holes as choices, followed by the systems in that choice. Is there any way to do this? I know we're not supposed to mess with platforms, but, for example, I would rather have Daphne under arcade and not as its own platform.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and/or how-to guides. 

You can have a platform show up under any Platform Category you want. 

Create Arcade, Living Room, Office as "Platform Category" (not as "Platform) then under those categories you can have your platforms and playlists.  You can edit a specific platform and playlist by right clicking on it and choosing edit. Go into the Parents tab and select where you want it. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 9.57.14 PM.png