LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 64 bit it does not work

1 minute ago, megaman24 said:

The version is MAME 0.210, the romset could not tell you since I do not know

That is probably your issue, you are using a old rom with the current MAME version. All Capcom games that use the qsound bios file were changed around version 0.184 i believe, so any rom from before then will not work with current MAME versions. This is why MAME romsets and the emulator itself are versioned, because the roms themselves can change when better dumps are made or when MAME itself improves the emulation. Also you may not even have all the files needed for the game, if it is from a non-merged set it will be fine, but if it is from a split or merged set you could be missing files as well as the bios needed for the game to run.

Try downloading a version of MAME from around 0.180 or so and see if it works there.

34 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ese es probablemente tu problema, estás usando una rom antigua con la versión actual de MAME. Todos los juegos de Capcom que usan el archivo bios qsound se cambiaron alrededor de la versión 0.184, por lo que cualquier rom de antes no funcionará con las versiones actuales de MAME. Esta es la razón por la cual las ROMsets de MAME y el propio emulador están versionados, porque las propias Roms pueden cambiar cuando se realizan mejores volcados o cuando MAME mejora la emulación. Además, es posible que ni siquiera tengas todos los archivos necesarios para el juego, si es de un conjunto no combinado, estará bien, pero si es de un conjunto dividido o combinado, es posible que te falten los archivos, así como el BIOS necesario para El juego para correr.

Intente descargar una versión de MAME desde alrededor de 0.180 o más y vea si funciona allí.

I tried some versions from the 0.180, but it stays on starting. The rom that I try to execute is Super Street Fighter II Turbo (World 940223), but it seems that it will not be possible ...

image.thumb.png.d6560d11e5556ce57da8cce31fa3face.pngThis is the error that pops up both times, which indicates that you are not launching the rom correctly.

Try getting the rom to work in mame, outside of launchbox first. Be sure to point to the directory where you have your roms inside of mame.

Edited by proghodet