LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Controller Setting

robmich

2 minutes ago, darrenmarchand said:

Yep. That's where it was. I deleted it but the controller is still working properly

We need more detailed explanations as it’s hard to follow otherwise.

Those cfgs in Mame and LB should not matter. Good to delete.

i need to know if you tried the steps I listed above with key commands only, to find out if the remapping is working correctly first, or whether the issue is you static mappings.

11 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

The cfg files should always be in the MAME -> cfg folder. 

Not sure how you got one just in the MAME folder and the LB folder

I think I figured it out. I forgot that I set up Mame in emulators AND on another hard drive afterwards. I forgot to delete the copy of Mame that I was looking at for the default.cfg file! Anyway, I went into the proper Mame folder and set the Default.cfg file to Read Only. It's all still working (I shut the switch off to the controllers and then turned it back on)

I'm so sorry for wasting your time. You were very nice to try and help me. If for whatever reason this setup doesn't work after further playing around, I hope you'll still be around!

1 minute ago, darrenmarchand said:

I'm so sorry for wasting your time. You were very nice to try and help me. If for whatever reason this setup doesn't work after further playing around, I hope you'll still be around!

No waste, it's all good.

Glad you got it working.

Having a mix of arcade controls, flight stick, spinner, trackball, Xbox controllers, light gun, steering wheel and wii remotes, I know first hand the issues of dealing with multiple devices and emulators that all handle them differently.