LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing Windows Games

fespinoza831

Been using this app for several months now and everything has been great but on Wednesday 90% of my windows games are now missing from Launchbox. I added them back but when I closed and reopened Launchbox the same 90% of my games are missing again. The I tried to just add one game, closed the app and reopened and that game is missing now. Anyone else having a similar issue?

12 minutes ago, fespinoza831 said:

Been using this app for several months now and everything has been great but on Wednesday 90% of my windows games are now missing from Launchbox. I added them back but when I closed and reopened Launchbox the same 90% of my games are missing again. The I tried to just add one game, closed the app and reopened and that game is missing now. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Games dont just delete themselves from Launchbox by themselves, so something else is happening here. First i would go to Launchbox/Data/Platforms and open the Windows.xml with notepad++ and see if the missing games are in there. If they are in Launchbox click the "View" dropdown at the top of the screen and make sure none of the "Hide games missing ....." are not checked.

I checked the Windows.xml file and the missing games are not listed.. as for my view here it is and there is nothing is hidden. But like I said I can add a game but as soon as I close Launchbox that game disappears. For some reason its getting added to the XML file but when I open Launchbox its not there. Went back to the xml file now that the game is missing, the entry is there for the added game but not showing up in Launchbox... 

image.thumb.png.015a26f4ca700a8cdf906bade09f9c11.png