LaunchBox Community Forums

Saving repeat questions in the future?

missbubbles

Hello All. I have a question. I just wanted to know if there is a default line parameters list for the retroarch cores available. I been on YouTube lately and watched ETA primes videos. And launchboxes. But primes video set me up with how to do CPS1 to 3. After realising there all in mame anyway I deleted them. And have just done the NeoGeo. But if it wasn't for prime (I know I could of asked here) I would have never know to scrape NeoGeo under arcade. And add emulator name as NeoGeo. I would of done it as retroarch. And not have set it to the fba2012 core (with his txt file). Is it possible if anybody has time. Or could find the time do these special sets like this please. That require the emulator names to be set as the system its self. And the parameter lines for the cores. That would be so helpful. Half the time it's just unzipping the files adding them to games and it's done with a few clicks. But that NeoGeo was sneaky in how it had to be set. If we can have a list. I would really appreciate that. Certain systems are avoided because there quiet hard to do

Edited by missbubbles
Spelling

56 minutes ago, missbubbles said:

Hello All. I have a question. I just wanted to know if there is a default line parameters list for the retroarch cores available. I been on YouTube lately and watched ETA primes videos. And launchboxes. But primes video set me up with how to do CPS1 to 3. After realising there all in mame anyway I deleted them. And have just done the NeoGeo. But if it wasn't for prime (I know I could of asked here) I would have never know to scrape NeoGeo under arcade. And add emulator name as NeoGeo. I would of done it as retroarch. And not have set it to the fba2012 core (with his txt file). Is it possible if anybody has time. Or could find the time do these special sets like this please. That require the emulator names to be set as the system its self. And the parameter lines for the cores. That would be so helpful. Half the time it's just unzipping the files adding them to games and it's done with a few clicks. But that NeoGeo was sneaky in how it had to be set. If we can have a list. I would really appreciate that. Certain systems are avoided because there quiet hard to do

Not sure which ETA videos you are watching but if it is one that has you naming Retroarch as the platform name when you import it then it is likely one a year or so old. You really do not need to do that. Just add Retroarch as an emulator and for each system that will use RA, enter the name of the platform in the associated platform field and in the core cell click it so the drop down box shows and choose the core you want to use. 

For RA you do not really need default command line parameters in Launchbox unless you are using a custom config and many times those can be done per core or per game anyway. I think the only command line parameter I have is from recently setting up Neo Geo CD and Lordmonkus found out it needed a comman line added. 

I do not use RA for Neo Geo so I just added it and only took a few clicks. I keep SNK Neo Geo MVS roms separated from my main Mame roms so easy enough to add it to RA. 

Ignore any core choices in the pic this is from my test pc. Use your core of choice. The image is just to show it is as simple as platform name and core choice. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.10.00 AM.png

I think so. Neo geo as arcade. And Neo geo as emulator name. But runs retroarch as emulator and fba12 core in special parameters. 

Alot of people might not of got it working because you needed to add a paramatre line to the core for it work. You saying that methods obsolete now and I don't need to do it

Just wanted a list of how we should add them. 

Arcade (catagory)

Neo geo (emulator name) 

Retroarch (emulator) 

And then the dll parameter line if the system needs a special command added. And default emulator (checkbox ticked). 

A list like that. what every system should be. 

There is not a list because you can add it however you want. It is up to the user. You can put in it any category you want. Call the emulator whatever you want. You can even call the platform what ever you want. The only thing that matters is the name of the platform must be in the Associated Platform field and it must match what you called the platform in Launchbox then you must select a core. You do not even need to check the default emulator box. 

This is how I have it set up. That old way works, but it is not really necessary.

In Launchbox I call Neo Geo "SNK Neo Geo MVS" so that is that name that must be in the associated platform. I added Retroarch simply as Retroarch. Then I enter all the platforms that will use it and select the proper cores. 

Again, do not go by any cores you see or names. These are pics from test machine and often times I mess around with stuff here so as to not mess up my main cabinets. This is just showing how the basic setup is. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.38.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.47.17 AM.png

I thought with certain systems. You needed to add special parameters as the cps1 to 3 have tutorials. And mame. And Neo geo. I thought these were complex in the way you have to add them so I was gonna see if there is any others that require that. But if your saying just add them in they don't need no core lines added to work or anything. That's one less thing to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, missbubbles said:

I thought with certain systems. You needed to add special parameters as the cps1 to 3 have tutorials. And mame. And Neo geo. I thought these were complex in the way you have to add them so I was gonna see if there is any others that require that. But if your saying just add them in they don't need no core lines added to work or anything. That's one less thing to worry about. 

In older versions Launchbox you had to manually type in the command line for the core you were using. You no longer need to do that. Jason added the drop down box you select the core with.