LaunchBox Community Forums

Just started working on an export plugin for pegasus frontend.  It's a decent little multiplatform frontend but it doesn't have any scraping ability, luckily launchbox does!

https://github.com/spektor56/PegasusExportPlugin/releases

Been using it for my android setup, works quite well.Plugins.zip

https://pegasus-frontend.org/

Edited by spektor56
  • Thanks 2

Yea I wouldn't use it for Windows, there are much better options (launchbox).  It works fine as a simple launcher on Android.  I use my PS4 controller with my Android phone and it can play most games and even my PS4

Edited by spektor56

Hi @spektor56

I tried your exporter and as far as I can see, it works fine for simple platforms (NES, MAME, etc) but there are a lot of platforms (Like WiiU, PC games and PS3) where the "rom" isn't just a zip or iso file you can just copy or call from a root directory, as you have to execute an eboot.bin file or something deep in the games folder structure, so in the metadata exported by your plugin, telling Pegasus that all the roms are called EBOOT.BIN in a root folder isn't helpful. Also, having downloaded metadata duplicated for both LB and Pegasus can pretty quickly fill your hard drive, especially if you are like me and have a collection of +10,000 games, so maybe there's a way in the Pegasus xml to call out where the metadata from LB already is, so you can just choose the frontend of your choice with a single roms and games installation.

I agree with what you said:  LB is just flawless for organizing, scraping and launching games from a KB+Mouse. But, as I said in the past on this forums and after having tested all the themes available here and in the downloader, I just don't think they are good for "10 foot" console-like interfaces for a big TV (like this one) on BigBox. Needless to say, I was extremely excited to see someone working on this and I really hope you can expand it further.

Cheers!

Edited by alfredolvera

Yes, just started working on it yesterday, lots to do still.  You can configure the image associations through the XML file, i filled in the few that i've used for my SNES and NES collections.  I've been using it for a totally separate android install so thats why the metadata / games are duplicated, I can add in the linking later as an option so it doesn't duplicate all the data (pretty positive pegasus supports this format).  Haven't tested any multi-file systems yet, ill have to check the XML's for those.  Platform selection and a whole wack of other settings still not implemented.

I marked all these releases as "prerelease alpha" as that's the current state of the plugin.  I only started using pegasus 2 days ago so its mostly new to me.

Edited by spektor56
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, spektor56 said:

Ok i'm done with this plugin for a while, should work decent enough lol.  The multi-file platforms should work by setting the "Application Export" mode to "Link to application"

Hey @spektor56!

I just tested the plugin's latest versions and it's coming along nicely!!! But I encountered some bugs. Do you want me to report them here? What files would you need to identify the issue?

Just put them on github under issues section. 

https://github.com/spektor56/PegasusExportPlugin/issues

For steam you have to use "relative path" linking cuz it uses the steam linking URL stuff and i haven't put code in for URL's yet.  It works in relative linking because it causes an exception in my code and in that case i just return the original path which is the URL ?

Edited by spektor56