LaunchBox Community Forums

Wont open

Odin

I'm having issues with launchbox not opening after I install the CRT emudrivers to display my computer onto an arcade CRT. I have tried twice, launchbox will open normally until I complete the install and setup for the CRT emudrivers and once that is done launch box will not open. Everytime it gets to "Loading interface" it says launchbox stopped working. 

So just to confirm it does appear that its CRT emudriver that doing this, I did restore points before every change and the install of CRT emudriver seems to be the point at which the software no longer opens

I've seen it work for other people, there are several videos on the web which is the entire reason I paid for big box. I cant see why video drivers would break the software totally, I can see why it would maybe not run well etc. But render it inoperable? 

They are part of groovymame, they are essentially stock radeon drivers modified to re-enable edid emulation so that the crt can be seen by windows as a normal monitor. As well as adding in the additional modelines required for standard rez monitors. 

I'm going to try tonight to see if retroarch works with it by following this guide. https://cdcruze.com/2019/03/retroarch-and-crt-emudriver-setup-guide/ 

• Like 1