LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Video on BigBox glitch?

7ank0v1c

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, visual hitching while loading the app is going to be even harder to get rid of, so that's probably mostly a pipe dream, unfortunately. There are very few apps out there with animated startups like Big Box that don't hitch at least briefly on startup. It's just that most development frameworks are not really designed to support that kind of thing.

Ah okay, no worries then. I mean its just a little nuisance, but nothing serious. The software even with this is absaloutly brilliant. Best software I have used in a long time, and by far beats other front ends I have used.

Thanks for all you've done for the community so far, and to many more years to come. ?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Would it be possible to add the "initializing bigbox" sound to the end of the startup video and reverse fade into the application? That way the sound would be embedded at the end of your startup video and not cause the hitch? Just spit balling but I'm going to try it when I get home. 

1 minute ago, onesikcoupe said:

Would it be possible to add the "initializing bigbox" sound to the end of the startup video and reverse fade into the application? That way the sound would be embedded at the end of your startup video and not cause the hitch? Just spit balling but I'm going to try it when I get home. 

I just turn it off completely.