LaunchBox Community Forums

Hyper spin mame arcade hard drive

Aaron5689

I have a 1.5TB Hyper spin mame hard drive attached directly to a gaming PC with a SATA cable.  The drive came fully installed with launchers and game roms.  I was using Launch Box application the start the games but now it won't open.  It did an update after the last time it worked and now I just get an Error Code.  Please help!

8 minutes ago, Aaron5689 said:

I have a 1.5TB Hyper spin mame hard drive attached directly to a gaming PC with a SATA cable.  The drive came fully installed with launchers and game roms.  I was using Launch Box application the start the games but now it won't open.  It did an update after the last time it worked and now I just get an Error Code.  Please help!

Unfortunately this means you were using a pirated license. We do not offer any support here for paid fully loaded hard drives im afraid. You will need to contact the illegal seller of the hard drive.

10 minutes ago, Aaron5689 said:

Hi @Aaron5689, unfortunately Neil is correct. There are a few malicious hard drive sellers out there who are illegally selling our software (as well as loads and loads of ROMs). If you would be willing to share with us who you bought the drive from, I would really appreciate it. You can share it via PM privately if you would rather.

Thanks Neil, I paid for the Forever License and downloaded the xml file. Do you happen to know what folder the license would be in?.. Jason, I will be happy to DM you all the seller's info. Please send me a DM to respond to if you can. Thanks!

Just now, Aaron5689 said:

Thanks Neil, I paid for the Forever License and downloaded the xml file. Do you happen to know what folder the license would be in?.. Jason, I will be happy to DM you all the seller's info. Please send me a DM to respond to if you can. Thanks!

No problem, thank you Aaron!

Just now, Aaron5689 said:

It just goes in the root of the Launchbox folder.

image.thumb.png.756d387d5d6e77d69e65e12be561be28.png

2 minutes ago, Aaron5689 said:

Launcbox is now working!  The emulators and roms are a different story however.  I'll keep trying..

Good to hear. Sadly I'm not surprised about the emulators though. Those hard drive sellers are incredibly scammy and most of them don't give you much that's useful.

3 minutes ago, Aaron5689 said:

Launcbox is now working!  The emulators and roms are a different story however.  I'll keep trying..

If they were working previously then changing the license will have absolutely zero effect on them. Unfortunately though that is what you get from illegal drive sellers, and we cant really troubleshoot here as we have absolutely no way of knowing how anything was setup and what other programs/scripts/batch files are used.

25 minutes ago, Aaron5689 said:

I'd be willing to pay for remote tech service to jump in and get everything legal and working if you know any service like that..??

I don't think any services like that exist. But LaunchBox is really easy to use, so you could start over with a new setup and then use our tutorials here: