LaunchBox Community Forums

Game rompath/importing weirdness.

DaveC1964

So I assembled a working setup on one PC, then moved the setup to another (desktop then laptop).  The ROMs are in a different spot on the laptop.  So I did the whole select all then change the ROMpath thing.  It gives me some error about no roms were found do you want to change path anyway.  Ok but they don't work, I get the ROm doesn't exist message.  So I decide to import using the importer, I go through the whole thing it parses them and then I do the import.  It says "7 games imported"   7?  I have 30 in this case.  So I try loading the games some work, others give the "..doesn't exist" error.  So if I edit the game that doesn't load and browse then pick the ROM manually it then will work.  So if I edit one by one they work (will be a horrible job when I do that with 300 games).   I don't understand why the change path isn't doing it, and the importer isn't doing it (even though games show up there) but manually editing the path for each one works.  I also notice that when I edit the game the name in the "ROM file" box is wrong, for example it shows "doom.32x" instead of what it actually is "doom (32x)(JU)[!].32x" etc.  It didn't import with the right name.   I am confused.

Also had similar weirdness with CD games.  I have the CD games for example in a folder called "Sega CD" then under that a game named sub folder with the bin cue files in it.  If I use the importer and select the .CUE files it doesn't work.  I need to edit and select each CUE file one by one.  I was thinking the subdirectory was confusing it but if I import and it is finding the cue files I would think it should work.

Edited by DaveC1964

Ok that also worked for Sega 32x ROMs I had that didn't work when I changed ROM path.  That seems like a bug, if I change the ROM path and didn't rename anything or change directory structure (other than different place) I would think it would work.  At least there is a work around.

Edited by DaveC1964

• 3 weeks later...