LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch won't start

DerDominik

Hi there,

I tried to configure LaunchBox for using on my PC and RetroGames, but I can't get RetroArch started.
I searched a little bit in the forum but found no solution.

So what I did:
I configured RetroArch as Emulator and Launchbox seems to recognize (Infobox is coming up).
Core's will be found , but I'm wondering, that the extra parameter with -L is missing.
But ok. Tried to start the game -> RetroArch won't be started.

Created a batch file with the following command to see the parameter from LaunchBox to RetroArch:

@echo off
echo Command: %1
pause

After normal start I see only the path to the ROM, but no parameter for the core.
OK, so I added -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" as standard command line parameter for testing, and started again the batch file.
Here I see only: "Command: -L", but no more parameters.

OK, little bit more testing.
Command Line Parameter --log-file retroarch-log.txt -v -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" gives -> "Command: --log-file"
Command Line Parameter --log-fileretroarch-log.txt-v -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" gives -> "Command: --log-fileretroarch-log.txt-v"

So it seems, there is a problem with blank characters from LaunchBox to RetroArch (didn't test any other emulators".

Is this a known failure and someone knows, how to fix this?
I'm using LaunchBox on a Windows 10 System.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)
DerDominik

6 minutes ago, DerDominik said:

Hi there,

I tried to configure LaunchBox for using on my PC and RetroGames, but I can't get RetroArch started.
I searched a little bit in the forum but found no solution.

So what I did:
I configured RetroArch as Emulator and Launchbox seems to recognize (Infobox is coming up).
Core's will be found , but I'm wondering, that the extra parameter with -L is missing.
But ok. Tried to start the game -> RetroArch won't be started.

Created a batch file with the following command to see the parameter from LaunchBox to RetroArch:

@echo off
echo Command: %1
pause

After normal start I see only the path to the ROM, but no parameter for the core.
OK, so I added -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" as standard command line parameter for testing, and started again the batch file.
Here I see only: "Command: -L", but no more parameters.

OK, little bit more testing.
Command Line Parameter --log-file retroarch-log.txt -v -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" gives -> "Command: --log-file"
Command Line Parameter --log-fileretroarch-log.txt-v -L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" gives -> "Command: --log-fileretroarch-log.txt-v"

So it seems, there is a problem with blank characters from LaunchBox to RetroArch (didn't test any other emulators".

Is this a known failure and someone knows, how to fix this?
I'm using LaunchBox on a Windows 10 System.

Thanks in advance for your help ?
DerDominik

Retroarch works perfectly fine with Launchbox. You just add it as a emulator and specify the core you want for a system in the associated platforms tab. Can you show some images of your manage emulator screen and the associated platform tab, both for retroarch.

4 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Do your platform names match what is in your Associated Platforms ?

Also do your roms folder structure have any accented characters in them at ? Windows has a problem with this when running stuff via command line.

Damn, there seems to be the failure :-(
After Changing the categories name to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" I can start the ROMs

Just now, DerDominik said:

Damn, there seems to be the failure ?
After Changing the categories name to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" I can start the ROMs

lol, yes those have to match, otherwise how would Launchbox know which core to load if the names are different?