LaunchBox Community Forums

Dropping Rocketlauncher?

Boomerps2

14 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Drop it? No way! Rocketlauncher is much more than just bezels and loading screens. As far as I know Launchbox doesn't support iso files or Deamon tools. Rocketlauncher has full support for different control configurations per game (very useful for older systems like the ZX Spectrum and othe rcomputer systems), different window coordinates per game so you can line up up your games perfectly with bezels, especially for old Atari games where games don't fill the screen. Some systems have widescreen and 4:3 games so you can configure bezels for specific games only. You can apply shaders to systems that don't support shaders. Also, I'm not aware of a way to switch discs in Launchbox. This is easily done with Rocketlauncher. I do like the new pause screens in Launchbox but I found that they don't work with most PC games, wile the Rocketlauncher pause screens do work. Also the startup screens for Rockerlauncher look a lot nicer and you can specify how long you want them up on a per system basis. Very useful for systems that take longer to load like the Commodore Amiga. 

Yeah and making my own fade screens over the weekend was a breeze.  Literally just put a now loading transparent text image and a bunch of cool wallpapers in the correct folder and that was it.  It's the little details in there that really set it apart like the per-game tweaks and stuff.  I'm thinking of doing a little tutorial someday just to show that it isn't really that big of a monster to deal with. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah and making my own fade screens over the weekend was a breeze.  Literally just put a now loading transparent text image and a bunch of cool wallpapers in the correct folder and that was it.  It's the little details in there that really set it apart like the per-game tweaks and stuff.  I'm thinking of doing a little tutorial someday just to show that it isn't really that big of a monster to deal with. 

this is generally the show off on launchbox. things getting more and more complicated and the easy way to do it is no longer feasible. I have the feeling of going the way of rocket launcher, which is no longer easy to handle as well. how many people are really able to build fade ins, bezels etc nowadays for launchbox. even themes are way easier to build in hyper spin at all. sure the themes in launchbox have tons of possibility but to achieve this .... takes to long.

3 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

this is generally the show off on launchbox. things getting more and more complicated and the easy way to do it is no longer feasible. I have the feeling of going the way of rocket launcher, which is no longer easy to handle as well. how many people are really able to build fade ins, bezels etc nowadays for launchbox. even themes are way easier to build in hyper spin at all. sure the themes in launchbox have tons of possibility but to achieve this .... takes to long.

Right, I have no idea how to do any of that xaml stuff or whatever in order to build a fade, pause, or theme.  But all I need to do in RL is put some images in a folder and turn the fade on.  Of course, you have to have the emulator launching perfectly which may or may not take a bit of tinkering, but then after that it's literally just dragging images into the fade folder.