LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch 'Missing Core Files'

PaulSavage

Hello,

I recently discovered LaunchBox so I've did a clean install on my other emulators and placed them with the LaunchBox directory. PS2/Gamecube went without a hitch, however when I got to RetroArch I've encountered a problem. When I try to add it as an emulator I'm met with this:image.thumb.png.ccf52c4df810d7efa82983762b3c18ab.pngAnd it's like that all the way down. I followed the instructions from the extremely useful YouTube videos provided by LB and there was even a previous tread with the exact same problem I have right now but that was because the guy had them in separate folders. I have set up my directories in accordance with the YouTube videos and it's still not picking them up. My directory looks like this:

image.thumb.png.9ac5613cc6a1f0f988ca3df68d149046.pngI'd appreciate any help you guys can give. For my sake, I hope I've missed something obvious. Thanks for reading.

30 minutes ago, PaulSavage said:

Hello,

I recently discovered LaunchBox so I've did a clean install on my other emulators and placed them with the LaunchBox directory. PS2/Gamecube went without a hitch, however when I got to RetroArch I've encountered a problem. When I try to add it as an emulator I'm met with this:image.thumb.png.ccf52c4df810d7efa82983762b3c18ab.pngAnd it's like that all the way down. I followed the instructions from the extremely useful YouTube videos provided by LB and there was even a previous tread with the exact same problem I have right now but that was because the guy had them in separate folders. I have set up my directories in accordance with the YouTube videos and it's still not picking them up. My directory looks like this:

image.thumb.png.9ac5613cc6a1f0f988ca3df68d149046.pngI'd appreciate any help you guys can give. For my sake, I hope I've missed something obvious. Thanks for reading.

Have you tried simply closing and re-opening Launchbox?

1 minute ago, PaulSavage said:

Hey Neil, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, it was one of the first things I did. Tried it again there just to be sure and the problem still persists, unfortunately.

Are you sure that Launchbox is looking at the correct location for retroarch? I also have mine in the Launchbox folder in a folder called Emulators and it picks up my cores just fine. Also what did you call the emulator inside Launchbox?

Hey Neil,

Just to let you know I got it working by way of just downloading every core (every single one) from RetroArch and then restarting LaunchBox. I probably should've done that in the first place but in the YouTube video all the associations were set up right out the box. I appreciate you trying to help, man.

• 9 months later...

lb does not even see the new cores, im dong this to get bezels over my games. used to do it automatically. now i have to do it one by one for each game in ra and the bezels still not work with some cores for some systems. its almost worse than keeping up to date with mame and set releases.

8 minutes ago, Airpyr8t said:

lb does not even see the new cores, im dong this to get bezels over my games. used to do it automatically. now i have to do it one by one for each game in ra and the bezels still not work with some cores for some systems. its almost worse than keeping up to date with mame and set releases.

The mednafen cores are called Beetle in the Retroarch UI, but the actual core names are still Mednafen, this is a Retroarch thing and nothing to do with Launchbox. Just download the Beetle cores in Retroarch, but select the Mednafen ones in Launchbox, they are exactly the same cores.

image.thumb.png.75936248b2f9da0a4ae34f50a278d946.png

• 2 months later...

I had a very similar problem.
To fix mine I had to
change the core to something else,
click Ok to save 
then change it back to the default core
and then click OK to save the change again.

And now I have had to do this with every single "missing core.dll" file.
I am not experienced so I don't know what to expect.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar problem in Retro arch with the dosbox cores. First I had to create a new entry for MS-DOS, but when I try to make a core association all of the dosbox cores do not show up. I tried doing a manual entry, but it will not let input the actual core that I need. Sorry, I did not mean to forum necro. Any suggestions are always welcome. 

Oddly enough, all of my MS-DOS games are GOG games from collection.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, the problem still exists in LaunchBox with missing cores being shown incorrectly. Thankfully I followed user: erexx23 instructions by changing the problematic core to anything, closing LB and then adding the correct core once reopened. Mupen64Plus_next_libretro in this instance.

I actually downloaded every single core for Nintendo in RA troubleshooting (I'll do some house keeping at a later date).

By the way, RetroArch works 100% all of the time with the specified cores and LB normally works as well with other platforms such as Sega Megadrive/Genesis SNES etc via RetroArch/LB  with no issues, So I can only assume the file paths are correct.

Seems to be a communication issue between applications.

Not a big deal to be honest. Just giving some feedback.

I am having the same issue, Launchbox shows all cores as missing.  When I try to run a game associated with Retroarch, nothing happens.  I can run the game just fine if I start up Retroarch directly and then run the game.  Also in Launchbox I cannot even select Launch with... or Configure... on the games associated with Retroarch.  Greatly appreciate any help.

Edit:  I found another post from another person that posted the solution.  I had to add Game Boy on the associated platform list by clicking the very bottom box.  I was looking for a +Add platform or something, not very intuitive like this but got it working.

Edited by bigcletus