LaunchBox Community Forums

PC won't sleep after 9.10 install

MaDmiX

Hi folks,

Thanks for the 9.10 update.  However I noticed that since installing it my PC will no longer go into sleep mode when BigBox is running.  Use to be with 9.9 that my PC would go to sleep after a bit of inactivity (even with BigBox running).  I could wake it up by tapping the spacebar and it was ready to go.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks,

MM

• 1 month later...

Yes, I can confirm this issue. BigBox 9.10 running will prevent Windows from going to sleep. Running powercfg -requests with BigBox open outputs this:

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] Intel(R) Display Audio (INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&37a31ca1&0&0201)
An audio stream is currently in use.

AWAYMODE:
None.

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

Thanks for your comments.  I was able to find a little app that forces the system to sleep on a timer you can set to your choosing:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmaHAXM9ZhPhaYN972FkhyTLHO8

Sorry, I couldn't find the original forum that this link was posted on but the one I used was System Sleeep.  There are a few others that do the same thing.

Thanks.