LaunchBox Community Forums

New Install CRT with Groovymame CRT EMU Driver

adams_arcade

Unfortunately no, not currently. Big Box should work decently well (or at least it will with an appropriate theme), but LaunchBox is not designed for such a small resolution.

What you can do though, is set everything up on another computer with a normal monitor, and then just copy the LaunchBox folder over to the other machine to use with Big Box.

Yeah, BigBox is the "arcade cabinet / HTPC" mode which is meant for controller only use. While the free Launchbox mode can be used as a frontend on its own it is meant for setup and management. I use Launchbox mode almost exclusively, 99.9% of the time on my desktop even though I have a full lifetime license.

Themes and everything else are free with a premium license.

Just now, adams_arcade said:

Ok so I need to purchase the Bigbox correct?  Themes are available free?

Yes, themes are available for free, and Big Box is definitely what you're looking for there. Do keep in mind though that not all themes will work well on your CRT, but there are some that will. However, you can't configure everything in Big Box. Big Box is mainly just for displaying and running your games on your cab or in your home theater. So you'll still need to configure stuff in LaunchBox with a more usable screen.

Most themes are meant to be used on a 16:9 screen but there are some 4:3 ones that should work on a CRT such as Four-By-Three found here: 

It really is on the theme makers to make themes to support low resolution CRT displays but unfortunately not too many people have those displays any more nowadays so they don't receive the love they deserve.