LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade USB encoder not working with Genesis Games

Drizzem

Hello,

With your help I was able to get the Mame Arcade stuff working fine with the Joystick and Buttons. However, Every single genesis game i have don't react to the Joystick or buttons. The emulator is Retro arch. I know all the drivers and cores are correct. I can get it to work with a Xbox 1 controller. But I want these to work with the Arcade Joystick so they can be played via the arcade without additional Controllers. Is there anything I can do. The retroarch forum is not much help here. I attached the controller type here so you can get the idea of what I want to work. It works great for all the MAME games in Arcade mode. 

20190811_085416.jpg

20190812_064005.jpg

Edited by Drizzem

6 minutes ago, Drizzem said:

How do you do this? I do not see any global settings. Sorry, I have no idea what I am doing.

Just open Retroarch without launching a game and without launching a core. Go the the input settings and map what you need. Make sure to then "Save Current Config" so it save what you did and that will set it as the global inputs. Whenever you then launch a core that you did not set a core config mapping for it will use that global setting. 

Ok so when I open retro Arch the menu acts like I am holding down and just runs through the options. I don't know what happened. I cannot select anything and I cannot get it to stop. I tried asking Retroarch guys and they said it sometimes happens on stable, and I need to update to a Night version. I tried to ask them how to update this and they just ignored me. Maybe I was rude or something. Do you know how to fix this?