LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME bezel help please

GlueSniffinEd

When I run MAME (standalone) manually, all bezels load perfectly; I'm using bezels from The Bezel Project, if that helps.  When launching MAME from LaunchBox or Big Box, the bezels display properly on horizontal games, but do not display properly on some vertical games.

On the non-working vertical games I can hit <TAB> to enter the MAME options, select video options and then choose the second entry for "full" and the bezel displays properly, If I select the first "full" option, the bezels do not display properly.

Here is where it gets odd.  The vertical games that do work with the bezels (when launched via LauncvBox) do not have a second option for "full" in the video menu, just full, framed, etc., so I'm not sure why some of them do.  In all cases if I launch MAME from a command line and specify the game, the bezels work perfectly and hitting <TAB> and entering the video settings menu now shows only one set of video options and one "full" entry.

1943 is an example of a game that does not launch properly with bezels via Launchbox, it shows two "full" entries in the video options menu and works once selecting the second "full" entry.  Launching manually via "mame64.exe 1943" loads up the bezel perfectly and only shows one "full" entry in the video options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Sam

Thanks for the replies!

I'm definitely using Mame64 directly downloaded from MameDev.  I have two versions of it in my emulators folder, one with the controls configured to use my Xbox 360 game-pad, when I'm feeling lazy, and another to use my X-Arcade controller set as a keyboard.  The only command line options in Lanchbox are the ones LaunchBox recommends,  -keyboardprovider dinput.  Eventually I plan on redoing the MAME controller configuration so it will accept the appropriate inputs from both controllers at the same time, e.g. bind 'up' on d-pad and 'up arrow'' on X-Arcade to the same thing.  I don't run the X-Arcade in X-Input mode because it wreaks havoc with controller setup on Retroarch and other emulators, that would require a whole lot more time to configure.

For what it's worth, all of my ROM files for everything are sitting on a mapped CIFS share from my NAS; Launchbox and the emulators are on a local SSD drive on the PC.  My ROM path is configured in the mame.ini file and the only modifications to the ini file were for the ROM path and game controllers.

The hardware is a Dell Core i5 PC  with 16GB of RAM, a 512GB SSD drive, upgraded power supply, GeForce 1050Ti running Windows 10 with current drivers.

Thanks again!

Edited by GlueSniffinEd
Typo