LaunchBox Community Forums

admin rights/elevation with launchbox

Disco74

Hi guys

I have just started using teknoparrot to run Nesica games and Maro Kart arcade. Unfortunately Mario and some Nesica games require admin rights or they will not launch or run correctly.

I cannot run bigbox with admin rights as it will not startup automatically when windows starts and I believe it is not advised to launchbox/bigbox with admin rights.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Many Thanks, Dave

8 minutes ago, Disco74 said:

I'm using the latest teknoparrot and if I set it to admin rights but not launch box I get a message from launch box about needing elevated rights. The same is true of a few taito type x games I'm running through an older version of teknoparrot? 

What other TTX games?

• 1 year later...

Not sure if you're still having this issue, but for me it was caused by an emulator setting in Launchbox. I solved my issue by going to "manage emulators" in Launchbox and editing my Teknoparrot emulator setting. Then, I unchecked "attempt to hide console windows" or something like that and it worked. I can now open TP as administrator from a non-administrator BigBox 

Admin Rights can be bypassed on TeknoParrot and Mario Kart needs only for first launch to set firewall rule.

No TTX or NESiCA game needs Admin Rights, the only one who needs is a SEGA Nu game ( IDZ v1 and v2 ) because Sega-Tools.

GREETs

I guess there's something you set it up wrong or you are using a bad dump.

I talk with TP devs often, almost every day, I know the games that need Admin Rights and I know TP very well.

That said, I'm glad you solved.

GREETs