LaunchBox Community Forums
Disco74

admin rights/elevation with launchbox

Hi guys

I have just started using teknoparrot to run Nesica games and Maro Kart arcade. Unfortunately Mario and some Nesica games require admin rights or they will not launch or run correctly.

I cannot run bigbox with admin rights as it will not startup automatically when windows starts and I believe it is not advised to launchbox/bigbox with admin rights.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Many Thanks, Dave

20 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

You only have to run Teknoparrot_UI with admin rights, not LaunchBox or BigBox.

More accurately you have to run both teknoparrot and the Mario Kart .exe with admin rights depending on the version of the game you are running. I recently added the Mario Kart GP 1.10 version with English patch and audio to current teknoparrot and running it through Launchbox with both those at admin rights causes issues with the game sometimes not running. I have reverted back to my older version of teknoparrot and Mario Kart GP until I can figure out why Launchbox is having issues running the other one now. 

16 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

More accurately you have to run both teknoparrot and the Mario Kart .exe with admin rights depending on the version of the game you are running. 

I'm actually running without admin privileges on anything with MK version  1.1 and everything works fine, including bananapass.

You get a warning about admin privileges, but everything seems fine and they do say to. (Maybe it's a feature I'm not using)

Edited by Headrush69

I'm using the latest teknoparrot and if I set it to admin rights but not launch box I get a message from launch box about needing elevated rights. The same is true of a few taito type x games I'm running through an older version of teknoparrot? 

17 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

I'm actually running without admin privileges on anything with MK version  1.1 and everything works fine, including bananapass.

You get a warning about admin privileges, but everything seems fine and they do say to. (Maybe it's a feature I'm not using)

Yes it can be system specific. I have 3 cabinets with it in them and 2 will not run unless admin rights are set on teknoparrot and the mario exe. If done it runs fine outside of Launchbox, but will not in Launchbox. That's why I said I am trying to figure out why. 

Even Launching the game teknoparrot warns the file needs to run with admin rights. And yes it will still run. The point if figuring out why that warning comes now when it used to not. If you run it as requested it will not launch inside Launchbox, but will launch directly in tekno without the warning. 

8 minutes ago, Disco74 said:

I'm using the latest teknoparrot and if I set it to admin rights but not launch box I get a message from launch box about needing elevated rights. The same is true of a few taito type x games I'm running through an older version of teknoparrot? 

What other TTX games?

Crimzon clover gives me a i/o error if launched via launch box without admin rights for some reason but if launched via teknoparrot with admin it works OK. Its a strange one!