LaunchBox Community Forums

Displaying clear logos in themes

Fry

I'm just getting into some custom theme development and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with what is probably a super basic question.  I'm working on a GameMarqueeView and I'm trying to display the clear logo for both the selected game and the selected platform in my view but the game's logo is displaying a marquee or a banner and the platform's logo isn't displaying at all.  I have a feeling it has something to do with my LaunchBox image priorities but if that's the case, I'm not too sure which image priority i'm supposed to change to get the clear logos to show.  

This is super simple so I'm sure I'm doing something stupid here.  I know this isn't going to look good, I'm just doing a proof of concept to make sure I'm getting the text and images I need before I start working to beautify things.  I've got a 2x3 grid like shown below and I'm trying to show the game title, platform name, game clear logo, platform clear logo, and game marquee.  

image.thumb.png.046371013d7bcc617504f0dea48f1c1f.pngThe game title and game marquee displays great.  

The game clear logo is showing a marquee or banner image.

The platform name and platform clear logo are both blank.  

Here's how it looks in my marquee monitor: 

image.thumb.png.b97ae77301ace5e3ee0359f2c20bee2f.png

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong.  I did confirm that I have the game and platform clear logos in their default folders.  I just imported a MAME full set and downloaded everything from LB and EmuMovies and everything looks normal as far as the images in my LB images folder.  I get the feeling it has to do with the image priorities or I've done something wrong with my XAML?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GameMarqueeView.xaml

Edited by Fry

The gamemargueeview.xaml may not be able to show platform data/images. I have never been able to get it to on any marquee edits I have done. Jason did advise he will eventually update marquee support to be a bit more robust. That may not be anytime soon though as Jason has his poll list to work through. Also what is weird is your xaml shows for me exactly the same thing, but in the line for the game clear logo if I add a Panel.ZIndex value into it the theme will show the clear logo instead.

<Image Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" Source="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.ClearLogoImagePath}" Panel.ZIndex="9" />

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Fry said:

Thanks Retro808. I really appreciate the feedback. That is interesting about the zindex. I’ll keep poking at it and see what I can figure out. Thanks again!

No worries. I will try to mess around with your file if I can and see what I can do. I always like tinkering. I think though that the marquee views will always try in some shape to show a marquee and then default to the image priorities you have set in your box image priorities. I think it is the original way Jason coded it into BigBox. At least from what I can remember when I started messing with marquee xamls that he had told me. You should have no issue showing though the game clear logo, game text, and the marquee. I was able to get it to all show that from your existing file.