LaunchBox Community Forums

Change/choose rom location?

MorningStarGG

18 minutes ago, MorningStarGG said:

I'm not sure. I just know I don't want to have my games locally. That's the point of this whole topic. I only want the images/videos/data local, not the games. He did say the games won't launch though because they are looking for them elsewhere. And, that's odd.

Network shares simply are not available currently.  If you want to use Launchbox on a Android device then the Games have to be local. This may change in the future but currently it is not a option as the roms have to be in a specific location for Launchbox to see them, and that is the location that the exporter makes for you when you export.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Network shares simply are not available currently.  If you want to use Launchbox on a Android device then the Games have to be local. This may change in the future but currently it is not a option as the roms have to be in a specific location for Launchbox to see them, and that is the location that the exporter makes for you when you export.

I know this. I've been talking about this for the entire topic. I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think you've read the whole post before you replied. :)

Just now, neil9000 said:

Well that is how that reads to me, you say you do not want the roms local, so i was simply stating that this is not possible at this moment in time.

I know. I was talking about this for the whole topic. I've already accepted that, for now. But, as mentioned earlier in the topic the ability to do so is coming. I am waiting for that. :)

9 hours ago, DOS76 said:

"Is there anyway to edit the ROM location after you import?  My ROMs for my desktop are on a NAS, but i have a collection of ROMs on my phone locally as well.  I know there's no GUI interface for this yet, but is there a way to edit a certain file to make the import work?  Right now i add the import file, which doesn't include ROMs because that isn't support yet for network drives, but when i click the box art to launch a game, it's looking for my mapped network drive on my phone.  I feel like the only way to get the android version to work for me is to modify my desktop version temporarily, which may not be worth it.  Maybe i just can't use the android version until later, which is fine, just want to make sure there's not something i can do to edit files on my phone to make the import work."

I'm a little confused here, if your ROMS on your desktop version of LB are on a NAS when you export them to your phone it will write them onto your phone. It won't be using them from the NAS on the phone. The ROMs already on your phone (assuming they aren't from a LB import) are basically useless for use with LB at this time. What isn't supported is using a network drive to store the ROMs to be used in Android.

Hmm, mine didn't copy over any ROMs, when I try to launch it refers to my R: drive, which is my network mapped drive and it says no ROMs are there.  Maybe I'll try again.

13 hours ago, lilcheeks said:

Hmm, mine didn't copy over any ROMs, when I try to launch it refers to my R: drive, which is my network mapped drive and it says no ROMs are there.  Maybe I'll try again.

I have an update, i re-ran the export for the same games and everything worked this time.  No idea what happened the first time, maybe my mapped drive wasn't connected?? Oh well, all works now.

• Like 1