LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding titles to Android

jay_busacca

Hi guys, question on exporting. I exported to android using the wizard. Everything worked fine. But, I went back to add more a second time. The originally exported games were physically still on my phone, but LaunchBox wouldn't recognize them any longer. Is there a way to add roms or can I do it manually once the folders on the phone are created? Is there an xml file that i have to manipulate?

I would suggest you export by platform, then make sure the xml file under the Data / Platforms folder, the roms under Games / platform name, and the pics under Images / platform name are there and consistent. 

So for example, if you exported a bunch of SNES roms, then decided to export another SNES rom later, you should export all of them together again.  Replace the platform xml file, then add the new rom and images for the new rom. 

The XML file from an export will list all the roms you've exported.  Doing a single later and replacing the xml file on your android would then only show the single rom in launchbox.

Edited by bri0528

One of the current limitations is that if you do a second import to the same platform it will overwrite all your previous data so basically you have to import everything you want for a platform in one go or if you want to add anything new to a platform you have to also reimport whatever you already added.