LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Theme To Show Controls For Each Game

angryherbalist

I’ve created a widescreen template of my controller and I’m currently going thru and creating instruction images for each game.  

Sort of like the old school bezels   

I was going to have them display on a second screen but they may work on startup.  

Where would I put these files?

How do I have it show that image for the individual game on startup?

The theme would have to be coded to show the image you want. You really cannot just pop them into an existing theme as each creator defines the media shown.

The default Pause theme (not to be confused with the Startup) does show control image layout for the Arcade platform. It pulls the images in the Arcade Controls image folder to display arcade control layout so you could use that folder. You would still need to design a theme to show what you want. There is not a plug'n play option where you can just drop the images and they will show in any theme you use.