LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box mode help plz

wally86

I use the default BigBox theme and can only post for that.
That area normally shows a preview video of a game. If no video is available, then it shows a screenshot of the game.
If you aren't using game videos then in LaunchBox select Tools, Options and in Screenshot Priorities, set Box - Back to have top priority. You may then need to Refresh All Images within BigBox. 

I'm also using the default theme and that worked perfectly. :) :) Thanks

There's one other thing I'm trying to get it to do. I press play it shows the loading screen, which is great. I'm running a 16:9 1080p tv with bigbox. When I press play it goes over to my 4:3 1600*1200 screen. I would like my 16:9 to go back to the game details while I play. It that possible? Sorry about the wordy description. Thanks

2 hours ago, wally86 said:

I'm also using the default theme and that worked perfectly. :) :) Thanks

There's one other thing I'm trying to get it to do. I press play it shows the loading screen, which is great. I'm running a 16:9 1080p tv with bigbox. When I press play it goes over to my 4:3 1600*1200 screen. I would like my 16:9 to go back to the game details while I play. It that possible? Sorry about the wordy description. Thanks

Not sure if it is currently not possible.  BigBox does support a second screen, but it currently is for marquee images. 

After messing around I got it to work. Make bigbox is set to display game on second screen. I'm using retroarch and have the option set "don't pause emulation when screen is inactive" and "hide taskbar" on. I then load game. It shows "loading screen" on big box and the starts game on second screen. I can then right click on bigbox and the game detail screen reappears on screen 1. :)

IMG_20191001_221552.jpg

Edited by wally86