LaunchBox Community Forums

Apple II Mockingboard support

Headrush69

I use MAME for all my Apple II emulation needs.

Somewhere in the 0.19x releases of MAME I lost stereo sound for the Mockingboard sound card. It seems the second AY8910 chip doesn't output sound. I had originally found the exact version where AY8910 source changes where made when the problem started, but never got a forum account approved at bannister.org to post or ask about it.

The problem exists on both x64 and OS X systems. The weird thing is if I switch from Mockingboard to Phasor (Another sound board that uses the same AY8910 chips, I have normal stero ouput. I have tested on complete clean installs to make sure it isn't a configuration issue.

Can anyone test and verify if they have the same issue? Skyfox is a good test as it starts into stereo music without any configuration needed.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, sundogak said:

Yep, same here using 215.  I typically had it set for Phasor if using Mame, but it will only output left speaker if using Mockingboard.  Tried same dsk file with AppleWin and works fine.  So looks like a glitch.

Thanks for checking.

I was hoping to post on MameTester and/or Richard Bannister's MAME forum but can't seem to get a proper account activated. Thankfully using the Phasor option is a work around for now.