LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help to understand MAME

ngok31

Hello there,

I am experiencing some troubbles with Mame Roms.. If i am correct a Mame Romset much match the same version as the MAme emulator.. Mame 0.214 romset works with mame 0.214 ???

I have a Mame romset (don't know the version) and I have a lot of roms that they don't work... I use this version of Mame http://arcade.mameworld.info/ 

What set of Mame roms I have to use ?

Thanks

1 minute ago, ngok31 said:

Hello there,

I am experiencing some troubbles with Mame Roms.. If i am correct a Mame Romset much match the same version as the MAme emulator.. Mame 0.214 romset works with mame 0.214 ???

I have a Mame romset (don't know the version) and I have a lot of roms that they don't work... I use this version of Mame http://arcade.mameworld.info/ 

What set of Mame roms I have to use ?

Thanks

That MAME you linked is 0.214 so you really need a 0.214 romset.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to hijack this thread as I just updated my rom set with a new set of .214.  I imported the rom set using the import function.  I see that LB is downloading all of the media files again.  Is that necessary if I have them already from the previous set?

5 minutes ago, midd said:

I'm going to hijack this thread as I just updated my rom set with a new set of .214.  I imported the rom set using the import function.  I see that LB is downloading all of the media files again.  Is that necessary if I have them already from the previous set?

If you already have them then no its not necessary, you should of unchecked all media downloads in the import wizard if you didnt want it to look for new media.