LaunchBox Community Forums

Background Video added to any theme

jinxist

Hey all, I've been tinkering with bigbox recently quite a bit and trying to set it up as optimally as possible for my set up. One thing that I would like to know is if its possible to add a background video (one that plays only on the platform selection screen) to any theme? I'm currently using the Stark theme by Grilla, and I'm at a loss as to figuring out how to add this. I basically want to have a dynamic background on that screen, and I figured this would be the way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

There's only a few themes (I know of) where you can do this, as it's coded into the theme itself and is not necessarily a default or optional feature. The theme "CityHunter" is one theme that comes to mind. With it, you could replace the included mp4 "CityHunter 2" in the theme to whatever you want. However, in order to do something similar with the "Stark" theme, the code for this feature would have to be added somehow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jinxist said:

Thank you for the reply bundangdon! Is there someway that I can go about requesting this? would I do such a thing under the Stark theme thread? or its Support? or how would you suggest?

You would suggest it in that theme's support thread. That way if the theme creator can assist they would be able to respond directly in the related thread. 

7 hours ago, jinxist said:

Thank you for the reply bundangdon! Is there someway that I can go about requesting this? would I do such a thing under the Stark theme thread? or its Support? or how would you suggest?

As @Retro808 mentioned, it's best to make a request to the theme's author in the original thread where the file and information can be found. Coincidentally, I asked a very talented and helpful theme creator, Faeran, to add that very same feature in the "RetroFresh" theme and he took care of it in a very quick manner to my surprise :)