LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing installed 3DS games and dupe prevention

Drakorex

I just set up Launchbox a while ago, and I have a few questions.

For starters, I'm a little confused on the best way to import my 3DS games. All my games are in cia format. I know you can convert them to cci to be used with Citra, however Citra is able to install the cia  files, for games as well as their dlc and updates, much like a real 3DS. That seems like the more simple and cleaner approach.  I don't wish to have two different copies of the same romset taking up space when I can just use one. So that leaves the question of how to import a game that has been installed? I've found that if you import the 00000000.app, then it launches like any other rom. Unfortunately, then you're left with having to rename each game you've imported from within Launchbox, as they all read as 00000000, and are unable to obtain their data. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm also having an issue where it's importing the same game from all regions of a console, when I don't have that option selected. Is that option broken, or did I mess something up?

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, dadykun said:

Hi, I have same issue.

I can launch .3ds games without any problem from launchbox, but still dunno how to do it with .cia files.

CIA files are the format used when installing things to a real 3DS, so i assume you would need to "install" them to the emulator. To be honest you dont want CIA files for emulation.

I've been trying what Drakonex said:

On 10/18/2019 at 1:09 AM, Drakorex said:

...I've found that if you import the 00000000.app, then it launches like any other rom. Unfortunately, then you're left with having to rename each game you've imported from within Launchbox, as they all read as 00000000, and are unable to obtain their data. ...

And this is the only way I can load .cia games... First I obtain Data and afterwards I change the .cia file for the 000000.app route. This way games launch and also have the media correctly.

Anyway, this is just a "temporary patch", I'll change all my .cia files for 3ds ones.

Thanks neil9000 for your answer!