LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3 and TeknoParrot Wont Close After Latest Update

drewjbx

Since the latest update with the expanded controller support.. I can't seem to exit with the mapped 'exit emulator' command... (use to be 'close active window'). This only seems to effect Supermodel and TeknoParrot.

I have my system in a cab and have two buttons mapped for exiting -  button 7 + button 8

It worked before the update. Most all other emulators the button combo works fine. Anyone else have issues exiting these 2 emulators?

Is there some way to use an AHK script to map the keyboard ESC key to --> Joy1 button 7 + button 8?

You can use something like this. Although you would likely want to edit it to read 1Joy7 and 1Joy8. If you change the name of the exe to the exact one an emualtor uses you can use it for other emulators. 

Joy7::
If GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   WinClose, ahk_exe supermodel.exe
}

Return

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You can use something like this. Although you would likely want to edit it to read 1Joy7 and 1Joy8. If you change the name of the exe to the exact one an emualtor uses you can use it for other emulators. 

If GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
   WinClose, ahk_exe supermodel.exe
}

Return

Yes this works great! Thanks for the info..

To close TeknoParrot games seems to be little more tricky.... I tried  these with no luck.

WinClose, ahk_exe TeknoparrotUI.exe
WinClose, ahk_exe OpenParrotLoader.exe
WinClose, ahk_exe BudgieLoader.exe

As with supermodel.... all teknoparrot games exit ok with keyboard ESC, do you have ringwide/edge games on your system, how are you exiting?

Edited by drewjbx

I use the following without issue, but I know TP can be a pain so it may need more. 

$Esc::  
{  
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}  
} 

If that does not work alone try also adding something like this under the code above. I am not an expert in AHK. These are just some things I have pieced together over the years. I am sure there is better or alternate way to code it. 

If GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
}
Send {Esc}
Return

On 10/21/2019 at 3:53 AM, Retro808 said:

I use the following without issue, but I know TP can be a pain so it may need more. 

$Esc::  
{  
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}  
} 

If that does not work alone try also adding something like this under the code above. I am not an expert in AHK. These are just some things I have pieced together over the years. I am sure there is better or alternate way to code it. 

If GetKeyState("Joy8")
{
   SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
}
Send {Esc}
Return

Yah TP is a pain... code wont work, I did however got JoytoKey to work mapping ESC to control panel. So far working with  Aliens, transformers, operation ghost, hotd4... but if launching the game with Gameloader all RH, it seems to block the JoytoKey mapping.... more to investigate. Thanks for your suggestions!