LaunchBox Community Forums

Best Streaming Option for Streaming LB/BB to TV

ps800

Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader, and I have been really enjoying Launchbox. I have Launchbox running on a desktop PC in an office, but I would like to stream launchbox to my TV in my living room. I have researched this a lot to the point of confusion, so I am looking for opinions as to the best approach going forward. Below are the options I am contemplating:

1. HDMI/USB extension over CAT5/CAT6 - seems like a good but spendy option, with limited feedback on success. monoprice has a decent option that also extends USB: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=34898&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqdnEjti45QIV2CCtBh2WZgM7EAQYASABEgIw0_D_BwE

2. Stream via Steam - could utilize a steam link or raspberry PI (don't have but could get), or shield TV/android TV, but I'm unsure of latency and performance. I was really hopeful that LB for android would let me stream to my TV, but I unfortunately have a google pixel 3 and I can only mirror via a chromecast, and I cant even hard-wire mirror as they have it locked down.

Any other ideas the group has I would be open to hearing. Thank you in advance for your help! 

I thought about a long HDMI cord, but my TV is two rooms away from my PC, and has a jog in the wall and a staircase in between. I also have a vaulted ceiling which makes going overhead tough.

I actually just tried parsec streamed to a Microsoft surface connected to my TV and the lack of latency was surprising. I will probably test this some more and then possibly get a raspberry pi for dedicated streaming.