LaunchBox Community Forums

Zero delay encoder problems

SteveB69

I'm having a problem with 2 zero delay encoders. They work fine in everything else but in Launchbox / Big Box both controllers show up as the same device.

So if I select Button 1 on encoder 1 LB calls it Button 1 but then when I select Button 1 on encoder 2 LB still calls it Button 1 instead of something like encoder 2 Button 1. This obviously causes mapping problems as I have things like Start game mapped to encoder 1 & exit mapped to encoder 2 & then because of this buttons are doubling up. Any ideas anyone.

• 4 months later...

Wow, no reply to this specific issue... I have the exact same problem, i have 2 Usb Zero Delay encoders with an 8 button set up, plus start/coin button that equals 10 and i also have the xtra 4 buttons, Menu, Play, Pause & exit.  cant Map the xtra 4 since 2 of them are seen as Button 11 and the other 2 as Button 12.. LB should map all 12 buttons on the usb encoders separetely, joy 1 button 1 through 12 & Joy 2 buttons 1 through 12... that would make mapping possible...

51 minutes ago, JohnnyJedi said:

Wow, no reply to this specific issue... I have the exact same problem, i have 2 Usb Zero Delay encoders with an 8 button set up, plus start/coin button that equals 10 and i also have the xtra 4 buttons, Menu, Play, Pause & exit.  cant Map the xtra 4 since 2 of them are seen as Button 11 and the other 2 as Button 12.. LB should map all 12 buttons on the usb encoders separetely, joy 1 button 1 through 12 & Joy 2 buttons 1 through 12... that would make mapping possible...

Likely no responses since it has been mentioned in a couple other threads as well as in beta testing threads. Unfortunately the current way LB works is it sees both encoders it just does not identify them as unique such as Joy1 and Joy2. I believe this is something on the list to look into, but since it has not affected a large enough users base, at least those who choose to mention it, then it has not taken a priority.

k got it, guess will have to w8 till that improvement its done in upcoming upgrade version if so.. it would double the amount of mapping, not to mention most likely would get rid of having to map to a combination of keys (simultaneous pressing down two buttons).  So i am stuck not being able to map two of my xtra 4 keys for menu,play,pause,exit for the mean time...