LaunchBox Community Forums

RushDownloader failed to download file while downloading Big Box Cinematix Video Theme

cjwillms

Over the past few days, I've been setting up LaunchBox and Big Box. I've been able to get everything working, with the exception of the "Big Box Cinematix Video Theme" download setup triggered via importing ROMs and using the 'Download Metadata and Media...' menu option.

Whenever LaunchBox tries to download a game's preview video, I get an error message similar to:

Could not download image <URL> for <Game Name>: RushDownloader failed to download file

See attached screenshot for some examples.

Whenever LaunchBox gets into this state, it looks like LaunchBox isn't really doing anything; although, I'm still seeing network traffic from it in the background. After a variable amount of time, ranging from a few seconds to over half an hour, LaunchBox will move on to searching for the next video to download.

Oddly, if I type the logged URL logged into a web browser (FIrefox in my case), then I'm able to manually download the video and add it to the Videos/<Platform>/Theme/ folder, which LaunchBox is then able to read.

From my end, it looks like the video is being downloaded at a slow rate (~1.5 Mbps), but either the connection is interrupted or it fails to write the file to the disk for some reason.

Are there any known issues with the video download process?

RushDownloadError.png

1 minute ago, Dynamite Jewduh said:

Ok cool. It seems to be scraping a lot slower in general, especially from Emumovies. I have 1gb download speed and media files are getting downloaded at 0.5Mbps.

No changes were made to the EmuMovies downloads at all, so I expect that's either just your perception or just the fact that it's busier because of the Black Friday traffic.

16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

No changes were made to the EmuMovies downloads at all, so I expect that's either just your perception or just the fact that it's busier because of the Black Friday traffic.

Ok thanks. I was thinking it had something to do with the new threaded downloads added in the last update.

Edited by Dynamite Jewduh

13 hours ago, Dynamite Jewduh said:

Ok thanks. I was thinking it had something to do with the new threaded downloads added in the last update.

The EmuMovies downloads are not currently threaded. The LaunchBox Games Database downloads are, but we've had many people test it and it significantly boosted speeds, not slowed them down. My guess is that any actual speed issues are likely the result of high traffic.

• 5 months later...

hey guys, i got same problem while using tools import MAME full set, already register in emumovies, following the step on tutorial, and leave it updating yesterday without thinking there will be any error.. BUT... the update process took a long time, and kinda slow/ showing no progress if I could say it like that. and I check there are several errors, this morning I check it was 100+ errors, but there are several game finish downloaded for their metadatas (see my screenshot), and after I canceled it this morning cause it seems not gonna finish soon, I start it again recently, and clicking "Update game resource and metadata" on the option., and the error came up again.. see my attachment below. is this means something wrong with my internet or this kind of error normal?

error_launchbox.png

On 5/26/2020 at 3:32 AM, DeReaper said:

hey guys, i got same problem while using tools import MAME full set, already register in emumovies, following the step on tutorial, and leave it updating yesterday without thinking there will be any error.. BUT... the update process took a long time, and kinda slow/ showing no progress if I could say it like that. and I check there are several errors, this morning I check it was 100+ errors, but there are several game finish downloaded for their metadatas (see my screenshot), and after I canceled it this morning cause it seems not gonna finish soon, I start it again recently, and clicking "Update game resource and metadata" on the option., and the error came up again.. see my attachment below. is this means something wrong with my internet or this kind of error normal?

error_launchbox.png

This does look to be caused by a flaky network or Internet connection. It could have just been a temporary issue though. As far as I'm aware, we have not had any issues with the LaunchBox Games Database.

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This does look to be caused by a flaky network or Internet connection. It could have just been a temporary issue though. As far as I'm aware, we have not had any issues with the LaunchBox Games Database.

I think you were right sir, been running the update for 8 hours and still running now.. I guess my internet connection seems slow as F when accesing the game resources.. I'll keep an update about the result later.

laggy_internet_launchbox_metadata_update.jpg