LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple bin files and epsxe

mobydickhead1038

Epsxe will work on launchbox, but games with  multiple bins files wont play bgm. Ive looked at forums, youtube videos, and tried several different methods the past couple days and cannot figure out how to fix that. Could anyone help? I'm using epsxe ver 2.0.5 with pete's open gl2 driver 2.9 for video, epsxe spu core 2.0.0 for sound, mooby 2 cd disk image driver 2.8 for cd rom, and scph1001 for bios. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by mobydickhead1038

39 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You need to import and load the cue files only, the cue files tell the emulator what to do and plays the music.

I removed the bin files, from the folder that holds the files. Like for Darkstalkers The Night Warriors I ONLY have a cue file. When I open Launchbox and double click that game to start it, I get "the rom file does not exist."Im sure I must've misunderstood..

10 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

you have to reimport them probably to point LB to the cue and if the bin isn't in the folder it will never work you just don't want to import the bin into LB but you 100% need the bin file.

Ok, I think I see what you're saying. The bin and cue files both need to be in the game directory, but LB needs to load the cue, not the bin. How do I get it to do that? Sorry for the questions, i'm still new to working with LB.

This is how I do it. I navigate to the folder where I keep my games via Windows File Explorer, then I use Windows search to find just the .cue files by searching for *.cue. Next select one game and then use ctrl+a to select all games. then drag the cues on top of LB this will start the import process finish it up.

36 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

This is how I do it. I navigate to the folder where I keep my games via Windows File Explorer, then I use Windows search to find just the .cue files by searching for *.cue. Next select one game and then use ctrl+a to select all games. then drag the cues on top of LB this will start the import process finish it up.

Well, I spoke too soon. It worked for Contra Legacy War and Die Hard Trilogy, but is just a black screen for Double Dragon and Darkstalkers The Night warriors.