LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing Big Box Theme wipes out all games and images?

gamerguy1986

Is there any plan to resolve the issue where you attempt to download and change a theme in Big Box and it wipes out all games and images?  This has happened twice now and caused me to start a build from the ground up each time.  I'm heavily leaning towards just using a raw instance of RetroArch which seems much more reliable than this app.

Edited by gamerguy1986

If this is happening you may have something else going on. LB/BB themes do not affect images and game data. Only time the images would change (not be deleted) is if the theme had preinstalled images. Then a new theme would not use them. 

What themes were you using/downloading?

Any chance you are using a cloud service to store your Launchbox data? We have seen this cause syncing issues. 

12 minutes ago, gamerguy1986 said:

Is there any plan to resolve the issue where you attempt to download and change a theme in Big Box and it wipes out all games and images? 

Well seeing as this has NEVER been a issue for anyone else before, ever, and its the first time you have brought it up then i doubt its being fixed, no. As @Retro808 said you have something else going on there, there is no way at all downloading a theme would delete all your images and platforms data, that just doesnt happen. I would suggest looking at the health of your hard drive, it could be dying and losing data.

38 minutes ago, gamerguy1986 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I ended up just using Emulation Station for most of my consoles and Project64 for my N64 games since both Mupen64 and Parallel don't seem to load with Launchbox/RetroArch.  Zero problems so far since switching

Launchbox runs both those just fine. I am sure if you just did a bit of troubleshooting with us we can get you sorted. But, Hey if your are happy then go with what you like. Glad to see you are at least up and running.