LaunchBox Community Forums

Dynamic Marquee Monitor

garrett521

I am now in the market to purchase an ultra wide monitor for displaying marquees on my 32" Recroommasters arcade unit.  Marquee size is 31.5" (800.1mm) x 6.75" (171.45mm).  Been all over the net looking for options (which apparently are very limited).  Anyone who may have one of these, please give me your input.  Where did you get yours?  How much?  Now that you have one, are you glad you got it?

Thanks everyone.

Ebay is probably going to be your best bet. Just search "stretched lcd", though one that size can be pretty costly. You are right though they are not as easy to find. 

I have had mine for a couple years now and none of the sellers are on eBay anymore so cannot really help direct you. The last cabinet with marquee I built using an LG 21:9 monitor. It works well. Not as good as the stretched lcd bars I have, but definitely better than a standard monitor. 

I like the addition of the lcd marquees. Updates to marquee support is really the only feature I am anxiously waiting on Jason to go.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, garrett521 said:

I am now in the market to purchase an ultra wide monitor for displaying marquees on my 32" Recroommasters arcade unit.  Marquee size is 31.5" (800.1mm) x 6.75" (171.45mm).  Been all over the net looking for options (which apparently are very limited).  Anyone who may have one of these, please give me your input.  Where did you get yours?  How much?  Now that you have one, are you glad you got it?

Thanks everyone.

I have the same cabinet as you.  I purchased my marquee from a guy selling 19" kits on arcadecontrols.com. I paid $200 shipped in the US.  Yes I am very happy I got it.  Yes I would love for it to fill that space better but the prices are outrageous.