LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Performance Issues despite high end PC config

bobwasa

Hello guys, 

I have a brand new PC (spec below) and I just downloaded Wolfenoz 3TB Launchbox Edition from Arcade Punk website. I use this on an external 4tb hard drive. I have absolutely no issue with this on an other PC but I am currently trying to use it on my new PC : i have no problem when playing the games (no performance issue with emulators etc...) but when I am in the Bigbox  wheel and game presentation - with all the videos etc... - it is a nightmare : the PC is doing a lot of noise with the fan , I have the feeling it is like a plane that will take off. It happens only when searching for a game within Bigbox. I don't understand what happen, my PC is completely new (i bought it three days ago) and I have no problem when playing other PC games such as Forza, Gears of War. 

If anyone can help me that will be really appreciate (i will post the same message on Arcade Punk website to figure out if they can help too); 

Here is the config :

•  Intel Core i9-9900K (3.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz) (Bulk)
  • MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
  • Crucial DDR4 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 2666 MHz CL19 Dual Rank X8
  •  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER TURBO 8G

Best,

BoB

Hello Londmonkus, 

I understand and was not asking for a support regarding the pre configure dl itself (it works perfectly on another PC) but I was more looking for compatibility issue or performance issue between BiigBox and my hardware (for instance I see reading the forum that some guys had similar issues with MSI Afterburner - but I dont have this software even if I have an MSi motherboard) so I was trying to explore any possibilties. 

Thank you

To echo @Lordmonkus manually build the image cache.

Then ensure all drivers are up to date.

Then make sure Windows is up to date.

Then make sure 3rd party process scan software isn't running that could impact performance (ie MSI Afterburner etc).

Then make sure your new PC doesn't have power saving mode on and it is set to "conserve power" on the USB slot your drive is on.

Get through those steps and the majority of your issues should go away.