LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding images to Launchbox

RevengeSnake

Hello ,

is there currently a way to add bulk of images to Launchbox ?

I find about add image but is one by one and it immidiatly add it to Box Art section so i must manually set Screenshot etc.. for every one image.

Or add to folder but again pain in the ass to rename it so Launchbox recognize it.

Thank you.

For clarity lets say you have a set of boxart you downloaded somewhere. You can easily add that set to launchbox in bulk, by dropping the set into the images/[system name]/boxart folder, and then under tools tell launchbox to refresh all artwork. This is much faster than dragging the images into the launchbox ui.

But the images do have to be named right. "Right" is a little fuzzy here, because launchbox does a fuzzy match to find the art. You basically just want the gamename and set up like gamename-01.png/gamename-02.png as an example if you have multiple files for one entry.

You can use a program called Bulk Rename Editor to quickly rename all the art files in a folder. I recommend this program to everyone as I don't know how some people get by without it.  

I'm pretty sure most art sets come pretty close to the game name anyway, so you should be able to just drop the set in the appropriate images folder and call it a day. You may notice, after you refresh, that a few images haven't updated. There a few liberties people take with naming games and art. For instance:

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 

vs.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the PAst

If you run into this, you can just manually update the name of the art, or you can update the title of the game in launchbox.

Hope it helps. 

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

For clarity lets say you have a set of boxart you downloaded somewhere. You can easily add that set to launchbox in bulk, by dropping the set into the images/[system name]/boxart folder, and then under tools tell launchbox to refresh all artwork. This is much faster than dragging the images into the launchbox ui.

But the images do have to be named right. "Right" is a little fuzzy here, because launchbox does a fuzzy match to find the art. You basically just want the gamename and set up like gamename-01.png/gamename-02.png as an example if you have multiple files for one entry.

You can use a program called Bulk Rename Editor to quickly rename all the art files in a folder. I recommend this program to everyone as I don't know how some people get by without it.  

I'm pretty sure most art sets come pretty close to the game name anyway, so you should be able to just drop the set in the appropriate images folder and call it a day. You may notice, after you refresh, that a few images haven't updated. There a few liberties people take with naming games and art. For instance:

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 

vs.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the PAst

If you run into this, you can just manually update the name of the art, or you can update the title of the game in launchbox.

Hope it helps. 

Thank you it helps a little. But i find out the hard way that " : " i cannot type in explorer and i must use the " _ " the Launchbox recognize it. Also when i open my folder with screenshots images it is just mess when i want find out some images and fix them. I somehow expect it will be other way around, like in Launchbox will folder with games etc.. and inside will be images , videos , info files , config files etc... only for that game. Little weird system when in screenshot folder are images for all games. It complicate fact that some are in subfolder like World , Europe etc...

When i use drag and drop system from browser to Launchbox, LB just forget that images after a while. Maybe something to make better in future.

EDIT : Forget to mention that when i try delete from Launchbox sometimes i just get error something about file in use.

Edited by RevengeSnake