LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to switch the Retroarch PSX emulator

coreyhustle

My PSX games won’t load from big box/launchbox. I am using Retroarch and PCSXE as the core. When I go to setup the emulator in Launchbox and select Retroarch it tells me I don’t have the required PSX core which is some emulator I’ve never heard of and is no longer in the core updater list in Retroarch (I’m at work so I don’t have it in front of me).

I’m wondering if there is a way to change the core that launchbox is looking for. 

I'm confused as to what core it would be looking for that is no longer available. If its looking for something with Mednafen that would be the same as the beetle core in the online updater and they work interchangeably. The Mednafen devs asked them to change the name and they did in the online updater but I believe the core that is downloaded will actually still be named mednafen.