LaunchBox Community Forums

Spectrum - TAP, Z80, or TZX?

floodie

hi Guys - Working with adding the ZX Spectrum to launchbox however am wondering what are peoples preffered ROM type? - TAP seems nice as it is exactly like the original tapes including loading screens however they do have their downsides. Z80 seems more robust and a clean snapshot however you lose the loading screen. TZX seems interesting however, and seems a mix of the two.

What are your experiences and is there a clear winner?

Many thanks

Ok thanks Harry. Do TAP files literally take the same time to load though as the olden days?. i can see that becoming frustrating after the novelty has worn off.

Also, i have a huge batch of ROMs, all in these different folder formats. there are so many roms i am trying to cut them down. I have deleted all (B), and (A1/2/3/4..) but there are still about 6000. there seem to be many duplicates still but is there an automated solution anywhere other than grinding through it?

Edited by floodie

2 hours ago, floodie said:

Ok thanks Harry. Do TAP files literally take the same time to load though as the olden days?. i can see that becoming frustrating after the novelty has worn off.

Also, i have a huge batch of ROMs, all in these different folder formats. there are so many roms i am trying to cut them down. I have deleted all (B), and (A1/2/3/4..) but there are still about 6000. there seem to be many duplicates still but is there an automated solution anywhere other than grinding through it?

if when importing the folder you tick the box (combine roms named the same) it will only make one entry and you can select which version to load.