LaunchBox Community Forums

Keyboard Automation not working

GuitarMan

Using Mame64 for arcade games. Works great in LB. having trouble in BB. Using xarcade tankstick. Set up keyboard automation to pause and exit game. Hit the hold key (setup as D2) and then pause key setup as (leftcntl) and the system pauses but nothing comes up to save/load/exit game. after this I can't get back to the game and I have to cntl/alt/delete to exit.

What am I doing wrong.

yes, i do have that entry and I'm using Mame64  v 0.217. I was able to get it to work a couple of times tonight. I saw something about unchecking the enable startup screen in game set up. I unchecked it interesting thing has happened.  when setting the lock number my left and right keyboard buttons don't work . the left joystick has the same problem but right works fine. very strange.

Looking at the X-Arcade ctrlr file looks like it is using keyboard inputs.  I know some using arcade panel setups in RA had to switch their keyboard input to "RAW" within RA or it was causing odd behavior in LB.  In theory, that wouldn't help you since your issue is not getting the pause screen and you are using MAME directly and not RA. LB wants the dinput for pause feature.   But might be something to try since easy enough to test (just substitute RAW instead of dinput [or try AUTO], or take out that command and update the MAME.ini file).  Other than that not sure, since seems like if a key conflict would be happening with LB and BB. 

X-Arcade.cfg

Edited by sundogak

Pause should work fine with Mame and the Tankstick. I use the same controller and no issues so editing the cfg is not needed. When you said it pauses the game but you do not see any options, do you actually see the Launchbox pause screen or do you still see the game and the game is paused? Or do you just get a black screen?

Before changing the “enable startup screen” in game setup, sometimes the game would pause, sometimes black screen. After the change, I’ve made it to the actual pause screen a couple of times. I had a bunch of different outcomes; it ended the game; it paused the game; very inconsistent.