LaunchBox Community Forums

View DB System Games in Text List?

Privacy

Is there a way to view the games currently in the DB, for a single system, as a text list?

This way we could type in multiple names and figure out what still needs to be added.

This would make it a breeze for batch file tasks to be performed, by users organizing games prior to import. They would be saved from editing names inside LB in order to acquire metadata.

Edited by Vloshko
punctuation easier reading

That’s pretty simple as you already have the complete database as .xml file in your LaunchBox directory (Path: LaunchBox\Metadata\Metadata.xml).

You have various options to choose from like simply open the metadata.xml file in a text editor or open it in a dedicated XML viewer/editor.

Personally I would recommend to import the Data into Excel and use all the great filter and search functions it offers. If you search “import xml into excel” you’ll surely get a ton of good tutorials on how to do this.

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

That’s pretty simple as you already have the complete database as .xml file in your LaunchBox directory (Path: LaunchBox\Metadata\Metadata.xml).

Thanks a ton, I thought that was only for games we have on our own system.

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Personally I would recommend to import the Data into Excel

Exactly what I was going to do!

Edited by Vloshko