LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing roms you don't actually have on computer

Daystrom557

I really like how my BigBox spinner looks once I've got all the themes and emumovies loaded. Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to add to LB games I dont actually have on that computer? I was thinking this would be a cool way just to explore console libraries by browsing them on BigBox and seeing the gameplay clips, but I don't want to import an entire library including hundreds of games I'm never going to play (I like keeping my file structure uncluttered...). But this way it would be like I had an "NES museum", for example, without actually having to import that while romset.

I guess if you could get a users to send you their XML files for the platforms and you put them in your Data\Platforms folder when you next opened LB it would show the games they have in the XML then you would just have to download the media. I don't think there is any sensitive data in the xml files but if anyone is interested in doing so please check 1st.

Can manually create a game entry with no application path, or just make a bunch of blank text files named with the name of the game you want to add and them import them. Would then delete the text files just so you aren't trying to pass them to your emulator.