LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox wont launch games in retroarch

naptownmark

Everything works and plays fine in retroarch but nothing will load using launchbox (games are saved on external hd) I've applied the same core in both retroarch and launchbox. I've changed directories to find games on hd with no luck, I've copied all retroarch and launchbox files to external hd and changed all directories in retroarch  accordingly to find all files on the new drive with no luck.  Is there a fix to this or could someone please help

Here's my setup with pics first 2 pics show launchbox the emu n the core being used. 3rd pic shows all cores installed on Retroarch. Next 2 pics show what default core I'm using for in retroarch. The next 2 pics show where my games are located n where I always go to scan n find them on external hd. In also doing this on my Nvidia Shield tv if tht makes a difference. No desktop or laptop.

20200202_103154.jpg

20200202_102918.jpg

20200202_102551.jpg

20200202_102710.jpg

20200202_102657.jpg

20200202_102839.jpg

20200202_102810.jpg

Yes I'm able to launch retroarch from launchbox. Verify configuration always says the same long message success. Confirmed RA is installed n ready.

However please note u must have core u selected dwnloaded.

Open retroarch choose online updater then core etc.

I've done this step so many times now with no fix. And yes this is my nvidia shield.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 4:31 AM, naptownmark said:

Yes I'm able to launch retroarch from launchbox. Verify configuration always says the same long message success. Confirmed RA is installed n ready.

However please note u must have core u selected dwnloaded.

Open retroarch choose online updater then core etc.

I've done this step so many times now with no fix. And yes this is my nvidia shield.

Sorry for the late reply here. I have everything working in those scenarios on my Shield device, so I really don't know why it wouldn't be working on yours. What version of Retroarch are you using? Are you using a sideloaded version or the version from Google Play? What's the version number?

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue, I have reinstalled both Launchbox premium and Retroarch multiple times and still have the same issue. Retroarch will open the Roms fine but, when I use Launchbox to open a game through Retroarch, I see the image of the game box from Retroarch then a black screen. The games will not open using La4unchbox and Retroarch. Launchbox will open Retroarch when testing and shows that it is recognized in the setting menu but will not open/launch the game successfully. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:18 PM, jhardluck said:

I have the same issue, I have reinstalled both Launchbox premium and Retroarch multiple times and still have the same issue. Retroarch will open the Roms fine but, when I use Launchbox to open a game through Retroarch, I see the image of the game box from Retroarch then a black screen. The games will not open using La4unchbox and Retroarch. Launchbox will open Retroarch when testing and shows that it is recognized in the setting menu but will not open/launch the game successfully.

What version of Retroarch are you using? Are you using a sideloaded version or the version from Google Play? What's the version number?

I've tried with both versions available on the Google store as well as multiple side loaded versions. On the sideloaded version I tried both the 32 and 64 bit of the newest available on the developers site as well as the older version that was provided when I tried installing Hypervisor from RetroManiacUS before switching to other front end software. 

38 minutes ago, jhardluck said:

I've tried with both versions available on the Google store as well as multiple side loaded versions. On the sideloaded version I tried both the 32 and 64 bit of the newest available on the developers site as well as the older version that was provided when I tried installing Hypervisor from RetroManiacUS before switching to other front end software. 

Odd. Are you able to successfully launch games in RetroArch from the other frontends?

15 minutes ago, jhardluck said:

Retroarch by itself works fine. However, neither Launchbox or Dig will work with Retroarch to open games/rom files. Other stand alone emulators work fine with either front end, the issue is just with Retroarch.

Okay, that means that somehow there is a configuration issue (or a device-specific bug) with RetroArch, though unfortunately I don't exactly know what it is. There is a way in Android to clear all app data for an app. You should be able to do that from the app settings on your device. Perhaps that's worth a try?